Welcome to the Newshound Blog

Please feel free to add comments or questions to the posts; if you think I'm wrong about something, let me know, if you agree with me, let me know! You can also e-mail me. If there are any other bloggers out there who want to collaborate sometime, I am open to suggestions.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Concern grows for British personnel in Iran.

Coverage today shows the worrying slow progress made by the British government to get Iran to free the captured British hostages of HMS Cornwall who were arrested at gunpoint last week.

I really hope this is resolved soon, I am growing concerned for the safety of the personnel, and am particularly nervous about the impact of the situuation as it continues to drag on.

The Iranian government wants us to accept that the boat that the personnel were traveling in was in its waters, but the lack of information Britain seems to be receiving makes such a demand unreasonable.

President Bush has publicly offered his support to Tony Blair
, whether or not this is beneficial, I am unsure.