Welcome to the Newshound Blog

Please feel free to add comments or questions to the posts; if you think I'm wrong about something, let me know, if you agree with me, let me know! You can also e-mail me. If there are any other bloggers out there who want to collaborate sometime, I am open to suggestions.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

16,500 out of 6 million passport applications are fraudulent

This scandal keeps resurfacing time and time again. I find it unbearably scary that these passports can be used to obtain I.D cards in the future.
Our public safety is at risk, and Tony Blair hasn't even addressed the issue this week.

If anything will make me get my first passport, its this scandal, I could then use it to get the hell out of this country!

An article in the Independent reveals that even Dhiren Barot, (a terrorist jailed for plotting to use a dirty bomb on the tube to kill thousands of commuters) was even able to obtain a passport, amongst many other terrorists. The worst part of this scandal is that we cannot accurately assess the extent of the fraud, with some passport fraud slipping through the system undetected.

This issue desperately needs someone at Westminster to come up with a solution, the British security system is critically vulnerable, and leaves us open to the unthinkable, another terrorist attack.

No comments: