Welcome to the Newshound Blog

Please feel free to add comments or questions to the posts; if you think I'm wrong about something, let me know, if you agree with me, let me know! You can also e-mail me. If there are any other bloggers out there who want to collaborate sometime, I am open to suggestions.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

An update on the gay adoption debate

It seems that a solution has not been found between the Catholic adoption agencies, and Westminster.
Legislation has now been passed making it illegal for the agencies to discriminate against gay couples. (Independent).
I think that if the Catholic agencies do now decide to close down, or reject applications from gay couples, it will be a great shame for the children waiting for a loving family. I also think that gay couples deserve to have fully equal rights (It is the 21st century after all). It is also a shame that this issue has taken so long to resolve, whilst growing numbers of children wait eagerly for a preferment home. In my opinion the legislation should now be respected by every organisation, with no exception.
Westminster has made political history today - I think they may also have gained a few voters too.

No comments: