Welcome to the Newshound Blog

Please feel free to add comments or questions to the posts; if you think I'm wrong about something, let me know, if you agree with me, let me know! You can also e-mail me. If there are any other bloggers out there who want to collaborate sometime, I am open to suggestions.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Budget backlash - Somebody's telling porkies.

Gordon Brown's budget has gone down well hasn't it? (like a lead balloon.) This time I feel that I will have to side with most of my disgruntled friends, family, colleagues and fellow students on this!

Does he think we are all stupid? Watching his broadcast on television really made me feel as though I am being treated like a moron.

"Income tax at its lowest rate for 75 years."

What about people on lower incomes? The starting rate of 10 pence has been binned! The Independent have said that with the announcement "Brown opens the way for an early election".

I think that the Independent are completely on the money- this budget has been Browns worst, and clearly is centered around his desire for an early election.

In an earlier post I spoke about Brown being aware of social division existing between the rich and the poor in Britain. I am amazed that Brown's budget appears to ignore that particular issue, in fact, its almost as though it has been erased from his agenda completely.

No comments: