Welcome to the Newshound Blog

Please feel free to add comments or questions to the posts; if you think I'm wrong about something, let me know, if you agree with me, let me know! You can also e-mail me. If there are any other bloggers out there who want to collaborate sometime, I am open to suggestions.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Paisley and Adams in talks - But what now?


I am really pleased that Northern Ireland is now heading towards a devolved government. It would seem that the people of NI have managed to drive both Paisley and Adams together with overwhelming demands for a government which will now sit and govern for the first time since 1982.

The public have made it clear that they are willing to support a power-sharing government, and are displaying and inspiring sense of unity across the whole of Ireland. Comments are filling up news websites, making it very clear that Northern Ireland is looking forward with anticipation to the future.

But what will it bring? There are fears that Paisley and Adams are 'not up to the job', also there are fears that economic instability could occur if the British government withdraw economic assistance too quickly. Tony Blair has also faced criticism today, with some believing his reasons for intervention are questionable. However, I'm sure that the people of Northern would agree, that now is the time to give peace a chance, otherwise we will never know what could have been.

Some thought this day would never come, I think it is truly the dawning of a new era for Northern Ireland and its people.

(Watch breaking news of the deal: Follow link)

No comments: